|The ladies at Two Writing Teachers
host the Slice of Life every Tuesday.
My dog Carmela is super smart. She has some great lessons to teach us all. Here are the top ten lessons she has taught me:
1. Sometimes it is time to put aside the work and relax. My dog will push the computer right out of my lap or try to lie down on top of it–her not-so-subtle reminder that it is time to cuddle and put away the work.
2. If someone you love is upset or crying, you should drop everything to console them. The doggie form of consolation is licking all over your face, but you could probably pick something else like hugs.
3. You should welcome everyone home with exuberance. That way they will know you love them.
4. Credit cards are dangerous. You should not use them.
5. Sometimes you should be wary of strangers. Follow your instincts.
6. Books are amazing. You should kiss them every once in a while because they smell so good.
7. There is no such thing as too many belly rubs. You should ask everyone you come across for a good belly rub.
8. The best way to start the day is with a good walk.
9. Sleeping in is for lazy bums, but naps are perfectly acceptable.
|This is one of my favorite pics from when she was a puppy.|
10. If you are naughty, just beg for forgiveness. Who could resist that face?
If you are fortunate enough to be blessed with a pet, I am sure you can relate to this post. I certainly have learned a lot from every pet I have had. Carmela just has some particularly great lessons for me.